Bristol Lodekka

The acquisition of the Brighton Hove & District Omnibus Co. Ltd took place in January 1969 - as Southdown Motor Services became part of the National Bus Company. The most numerous vehicle type was the Bristol Lodekka dating from between 1959 and 1966. Many of these vehicles saw further service with the company, largely in the Brighton area, although some (most notably open toppers) saw service elsewhere in the operating area.